Monday 12 May 2014

The Speed Test

I felt it was better not to worry about the speed test, so I just left it to the day. We started of with some perspective drawings first I think, it had a special name but I couldn’t remember. Each group had a different item, some where just ridiculously big but ours had more details, it didn’t really matter though it was kinda simple to draw. Remembering what Justin taught us in class I accidently did 4 views instead of 3. I remember everything else perfectly but since it’s been 3 weeks I don’t remember what I did next to fix it. Moving on, after that to test our speed and loosen our drawing styles we had to draw the piece which I don’t know what it was, it was a strange object with various bumps and computer chip like pieces. 15 minutes was the first time limit, this was to do a detailed sketch, learn and remember each part so when it gets faster we memorise it to the point we don’t look up. Done and simple enough, 10 or 5 minutes came next. No fuss but I knew it was going to be trouble around the minute mark. 2 minutes became harder but I could handle it, 1 minute was a mad dash but I knew my start and my end point, less details this time. 30 seconds I just laughed at how ridiculous it was but some not so much, there was a girl almost in tears in front of me but she cheered up afterward. Very crazy test this was and to finish we had to move and draw with both hands at the same time, oh boy that was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment