Monday 12 May 2014

The Next Morning

The next morning we had to choose one of our drawings to model and that would be our final piece, I was lucky I didn’t spend the weekend doing nothing. We had to wait till Justin came round everyone and look at our sketchbooks. I got good feedback but there was no scanner in sight to scan my chosen piece for modeling later in the day. I chose one of my Soul Calibur pieces which was Maxi’s Nunchucks but with a knife and fork on one end and a chain at the bottom. I had to just take a photo of it on my phone and upload it. Modeling on 3DS was a little tricky because I had zero clue then about the techniques to getting the shape. My design was simple, so it wasn’t so bad. After a brief teaching by Justin I felt confident enough to try the model at home. It was the first time I learned how to use bevel and extrude on a box model, I have a feeling it won’t be the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment